In lab tests, Silverado’s roll-formed, high-strength steel bed was put through every assessment possible to prove its superior quality. Three comparisons took place that stacked up the Silverado against the Ford F-150. It analyzed the bed of both, each without bedliners. These tests were design to measure how easily each bed could be punctured.
One test in particular used a total of 55 landscaping blocks weighing 825 pounds, which were dropped in the beds of each truck from 5 feet above. In that example, while the Silverado only suffered scratches and dents–which didn’t ruin the functionality of the bed–the F-150 suffered multiple punctures from the drop.
You can check out the tests in this video. With this campaign, Chevy is hoping to show just how reliable and strong the Silverado is.
“We engineer and build our trucks with customers’ expectations in mind. For example, Silverado features a roll-formed, high-strength steel bed because truck customers demand the ability to haul their toys, tools, and other cargo,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet truck marketing director.
Check out the Chevy Silverado today at Gjovik Auto!
The first official look at the revised 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD pickup has been revealed and we at Gjovik Auto love what we see! Although this new truck hasn’t been formally introduced yet, Chevy is showing off the front-end design which is highlighted by a functional hood scoop.
This redesigned front-end is an advancement of functionality and style. The new Chevy functional hood scoop is part of a new air intake system. This new system helps to keep the engine temperatures lower, and will be a key technology on the 2500 and 3500 models. This is important as these models typically perform heavy duty applications, such as hauling.
The fenders will pull 40% of cool air into the Duramax engine, but then the hood scoop will pull the other 60%. The two input areas will combine as they funnel air into the engine’s combustion chambers. When the truck travels at higher speeds, even more air goes into the engine thanks to a ram-air effect.
Even more impressively, the new system comes with an air/water separator. This ensures that wet air does not enter the engine. We are excited to hear more information about the redesigned Chevy truck as it is released in the future. We will be sure to keep you updated as more details are released.
Introducing the Chevrolet Silverado Midnight Edition
“The Midnight special edition, like our recently announced Custom Sport Silverado, lets our dealers offer a custom look right from the factory,” said Sandor Piszar, Silverado marketing director. “Customers can get a monochrome exterior, black alloy wheels and other uplevel touches, while maintaining all of the dependability Chevy trucks are famous for along with full factory warranty coverage.”
To create the Chevrolet Silverado Midnight Edition, the American carmaker went back to black with an all-black front end and a body-colored grille, bumper, and more. The black color continues in the side moldings, 18-inch black painted alloy wheels, and a spray-in bedliner.
The Silverado Midnight Edition was first displayed at the National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo in San Francisco and will make its public debut February 14 at the Chicago Auto Show. If you are interested in checking out the brand-new special edition Silverado, make sure you contact Gjovik Auto today!
Did you catch it on Sunday night between snippets of the big game? Chevrolet’s 2015 Silverado HD starred in a romantic commercial along with its owner and an eligible bachelor.
“You Sexy Thing” aptly plays in the background as a rancher uses his capable Silverado to cart the bachelor-bull to his new home. Throughout the journey, the Silverado faithfully traverses the roadway as a voiceover narrates the bull’s anxious feelings along the way.
Those feelings, however, are for naught as he is promptly greeted by a welcoming committee you’ll have to see for yourself.
“We like how ‘Romance’ uses humor to show the power and capability of the truck and the interesting demands our customers place on their heavy-duty trucks,” said Tim Mahoney, global chief marketing officer for Chevrolet.
Of all the Super Bowl commercials we watched, this is one we at Gjovik Auto actually enjoyed and remembered after the game ended. Nicely done, Chevrolet.